ADVERTISEMENT FOR PASIFIKA LANGUAGES MANAGER (0.7 F.T.E., 28 hours/week)
· Manukau location
· Permanent opportunity
· 0.7 Full Time Equivalent (28 hours/week
· Salary $80,000 per annum pro-rated
· Parking provided on site
We are seeking a new Pasifika Languages Manager to support the Director to successfully achieve PEC’s strategic and operational goals. The Pasifika Languages Manager will be responsible for coordinating the service delivery of quality, NZQA-approved Pacific languages programmes/courses, regulatory requirements and student management systems. The role will lead the advocacy and activities for the sustainability and growth of Pacific languages and cultures in Aotearoa.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Support the new Director: Work effectively and provide support to the new Director (and the PEC Board) to successfully achieve the priority work areas of the PEC Business Plan.
· Advocacy for Pacific Languages: Implement activities to make PEC be the coordinating, advocating and research ‘hub’ for the sustainability and growth of Pacific languages and cultures in Aotearoa.
· Programme Management: Manage the delivery of quality Pacific languages programmes/courses, regulatory requirements, and student management systems. Enhance current programmes with expanded services (e.g. translations), digitization and resource development. Assist with Koloa programmes.
· HR/Personnel: Manage one full-time direct report and a large number of part-time language tutors.
· Relationship Management: Maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders.
· Marketing and Communications: Assist with marketing and publicity activities to promote PEC courses.